Earth Day is April 22nd
Celebrate by making your own “Planet Earth”
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Butter and flour a medium Pyrex glass bowl.
- Make cake batter according to mix directions. Pour half of batter in Pyrex bowl. Tap down on solid service to get rid of bubbles in batter. Bake approximately 35 minutes; then check every 10 minutes to ensure cake is done. Remove from oven and cool.
- Run a butter knife around edge of cake and bowl. Slice bottom of cake so it will set flat on serving platter. Invert bowl onto a serving platter and tap slightly until bowl releases cake.
- Repeat process a second time. Cool cake in bowl. Make buttercream frosting while cake is cooling. Place a dollop of frosting on top of cake. Invert second cooled cake and place on top of frosting. Frost around the ball of cake covering cake completely.
- To decorate cake frost land with one color (natural green) and water (natural blue). Use a globe as reference when decorating cake.