National Almond Day
is Feb 16th
Here are some facts about the Almond
- Almonds are available in the market all year
long. In the stores, however, different forms are
available such as shelled, un-shelled, salted,
sweetened, or ground etc.
- Almonds are rich in dietary fiber, vitamins, and
minerals and packed with numerous health
promoting phyto-chemicals. They are filled
with kind of well-balanced food which ensure
protection against diseases including cancer.
- Almonds are free of gluten and therefore are a
popular ingredient in gluten–free foods. They are
a healthy alternative for people with celiac
disease or wheat allergy.
- They are also a rich source of minerals such as
manganese, potassium, calcium, iron,
magnesium, zinc, and selenium.
- These nuts are packed with many important B-
complex vitamins such as riboflavin, niacin,
thiamin, pantothenic acid, vitamin B-6, and
- Sweetened almond milk is becoming a popular