Slow Cooker Corned Beef Cabbage
4 to 5 pounds corn beef, rinsed
1 medium head cabbage, cut into 2-inch wedges
6 potatoes, halved
4 carrots, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
1 medium onion, cut into 1/2 –inch chunks
2 cups chicken broth
8 ounces beef broth or substitute water
2 bay leaves
3 large black peppercorns
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1) Place onions, carrots, and potatoes in the bottom of a
large slow cooker pot.
2) Rinse the corned beef and lay it over the vegetables. Add
in bay leaves, peppercorns, and Dijon mustard.
3) Pour stock over everything. Make sure liquid
covers most of the corned beef; if not, add more water or
stock. Cover and cook on low setting for 8 hours.
4) Add the cabbage to the slow cooker and cook until
cabbage is just tender (about 30 minutes).
5) Plate beef and veggies. Slice beef against the grain and
serve with extra mustard.